Mission & Vision
The South Whittier School District holds students and staff to rigorous standards in order to prepare every scholar for 21st Century success in college and the workforce, within a safe and supportive environment.
Our students are challenged to reach their full potential and develop their curiosity and thirst for discovery.
Our district celebrates our families’ diverse traditions, cultures, and languages as foundations for learning.
- All students can learn.
- Students learn best when they are engaged in challenging and appropriate learning focused on the core academic subjects of language arts, mathematics, science and social studies integrated with physical education and the fine arts.
- Quality teachers are the single greatest predictor of student success.
- The diversity and uniqueness of each student should be respected.
- Students learn best when families value education, and teach their children to accept increasing responsibility for their own learning.
- Quality education improves the quality of life for students, their families, and the community now and in the future.
“SUCCESS FOR EVERY STUDENT”