South Whittier School District is kicking off this school year with parent engagement activities happening at every school site. Our Director of Assessment, Accountability, and Parent Engagement along with the community liaisons have been busy designing programs that meet the needs of our parents.
Here are the upcoming events in the month of September:
- Parent Institute for Quality Education (PIQE) - Every Thursday starting on 9/13-11/15 at Carmela at 8:30 am and 6:30pm
- Taking the First Steps Towards College - Every Monday beginning on Sept. 17 at Graves Middle school at 5:30pm with culminating field trip on 10/15 to CSU Long Beach
- School Site Council Training - September 25 at 3:00 PM, District Office Board Room
- ESL classes - Every Tuesday and Thursday at Carmela from 8:30-11:00
- Civics Literacy and ESL - Every Wednesday and Thursday at Loma Vista from 8:30-11:00 starting on 9/19.
- Understanding the ELPAC - September 13 at 9:00 District Office, Board Room
- Family Stories
- Every Monday starting on 9/10 at Loma Vista at 8:30 AM
- Every Wednesday starting on 9/26 at McKibben at 8:30 AM
- Every Tuesday starting on 9/25 at Lake Marie at 8:30 AM
- What Every 5th Grade Parent Should Know - September 19 at 5:30 District Office, Board Room
- What Every 6th Grade Parent Should Know - September 25 at 5:30 at Loma Vista
Volunteer Orientations - at every school site, ongoing.