Parent engagement activities are happening at many school sites throughout the district. The district has been busy designing programs that meet the needs of our parents. Here are the events happening in the month of April.
- ESL Classes
- happening every Tuesday & Thursday at Carmela 9:00 to 10:45 am.
- Civics Literacy ESL Classes
- happening every Wednesday & Thursday at Loma Vista Elementary from 8:30 to 11:30 am.
- Family Stories
- happening at Carmela every Wednesday from 8:30 to 10:30 am.
For the full list of events happening this month, please visit:
As the District continues to move through a 90-day process of transitioning to “by-Trustee-area” elections under the legal requirements of the California Voting Rights Act (CVRA), we have reached a critical point. The District is releasing four map options to the community for study and input. The District is providing three in-person opportunities to the community to review and provide feedback over the next 5 weeks before the Board of Trustees votes on May 7, 2019 for a map that will be put into effect for the November 2020 Board elections.
Upcoming Meeting and Hearing Schedule
- Tuesday, April 16, 2019 – 1st Public Hearing on Map Options (Regular Meeting), 6:00 PM
- Friday, April 26, 2019 – 2nd Public Hearing on Map Options (Special Meeting), 6:00 PM
- Tuesday, May 7, 2019 – 3rd Public Hearing on Map Options (Special Meeting); Adopt map option, 6:00 PM
Each meeting will be held at the District Office – Board Room, located at 11200 Telechron Avenue, Whittier, CA 90605.
For more information about the upcoming meeting and hearing schedule please visit: